Good news for all Apple lovers out there, the new iPhone 5 is on its way and is scheduled for an official announcement and release sometime in June or July 2011. This is the time of the year that Apple traditionally releases the new model of the Apple iPhone, and the newest model is being awaited with bated breath to see what Apple does in order to respond to the ever growing threat posed by Android.
The usual shenanigans of the iPhone announcement will unfortunately not be present this time around, because Steve Jobs is currently on an uncertified medical leave, but he could be back in time for the release of the Apple iPhone 5. With the recent upgrade of most telecom operators to 4G network and the imminent release of the Verizon iPhone 4, the new iPhone 5 is sure to open up new trends and pathbreaking technology for the smartphone community.
New iPhone Features
At this current moment we can only speculate about what kind of features the new iPhone 5 2011 will have because there is no official word by Apple yet. Industry experts have seen the trends of recent months though, and here are some features that we hope to see on the new iPhone 5G (5th generation).
- We now know for sure that the device will work on both GSM and CDMA networks (AT&T and Verizon).
- Judging by the recent shift to dual-core processors, the new 2011 iPhone 5 is sure to function on a dual-core processor as well, or it risks falling behind its Android contemporaries.
- We hope that FaceTime calling can now be carried out on 3G (and maybe 4G) network, in addition to it functioning only on Wi-Fi at the moment.
- AT&T iPhones should have the ability to tether Wi-Fi connections. This means that other devices should be able to connect to a network using the iPhone as a hotspot.
- Hopefully the iPhone 5 will be available in white. This is an area where Apple really messed up as far as the iPhone 4 is concerned (Read this Buzzle article on white iPhone 4 release date).
- Since all rival manufacturers are increasing their screen size (the average being 4.0 inches) maybe Apple will increase the 3.5 inches size we have seen so far.
- The Retina Eye display of the iPhone 4 is magnificent, and hopefully Apple can improve on this even further. Making use of OLED screens seems to be the answer.
- Operation of NFC (Near Field Communications) technology which turns your iPhone into a credit card for making payments. New Android phones 2011 are already incorporating this technology.
- We expect to see iOS 5, which will be the next version of Apple’s brilliant smartphone OS. Any announcements for this will be made along with an announcement for iPhone 5 release date.
- Hardware improvements like lesser antenna issues, scratch and shock proof screen and extended battery life are also welcome along with other iPhone 5g features.
If we can see all of these, or at least most of these, features on the 2011 iPhone 5 it will be a significant step by Apple to reclaim the market share that they lost out to Android in this last year.
New iPhone 5 Release Date
As mentioned earlier, there is no official release date for the iPhone 5 just yet, so we are merely speculating on iPhone 5 rumors. If you’re looking forward to get a new iPhone update then you will most certainly have to wait for a few more months at least. But as we have noticed in the past, the months of June or July are when we can expect the new iPhone release.
One friendly piece of advice though. If you are a current owner of an AT&T iPhone 4 and are thinking of switching over to Verizon iPhone 4, then we suggest that you refrain from doing so. You may as well wait for a few more months and let the new iPhone 5 release, and then you can switch to the Verizon network.
No matter what Apple comes up with, there are sure to be some surprises that will be pulled out of the bag. The iPhone is still the market leader when it comes to smartphones, so Apple will want to do all that it can to reinforce its position. With that in mind, we can expect the new iPhone 5 to be another masterpiece from the Cupertino labs.