One of the most interesting dilemmas in the computer buying world is the debate between Macbook vs PC laptop. Though PC stands for Personal Computer it has become synonymous with Windows operating system machines. Macbook refers to the laptops that are made by Apple Computers, and together, these two platforms constitute almost the entire laptop using community.
People who love their Macs will absolutely swear by them, and people who love Windows will not give it up for anything either. There are many differences between the two machines, but there are many similarities between Mac vs PC as well. With that in mind, here is a comparison of the Macbook vs PC.
Why a Macbook is Better
When you start comparing Macbook vs PC pros and cons, you will realize that the Macbook does have many advantages over the PC. The single biggest advantage of the Macbook is the lack of computer viruses on the platform. This is so because only 10-15% of laptop users use Macbooks, so the developers of viruses do not bother creating many viruses for this platform. They would rather spend their time attacking Windows which is more secure. Here are some other reasons why you should buy a Macbook over a PC laptop as well.
- You can actually run Windows on a Macbook as well. So, you effectually have two of the best computer operating systems on your laptop.
- You get better out of the box software with a Macbook. So, performing tasks like creating graphics and music is better on a Macbook.
- If you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod then a Macbook will give you simple compatibility with the Apple iTunes ecosystem.
- Apple offers great customer support and phone helplines as well.
- Apple products are always very visually appealing, and look great aesthetically.
- Macbooks are very simple and intuitive to use.
These are the advantages of MAC over PC that you will hear any Mac user give in a Macbook vs PC debate. But there are many advantages of using a Windows based laptop PC as well.
Why a PC is Better
Microsoft made the PC popular and inexpensive so that everyone could get their hands on it. Though the idea of Graphical User Interface (GUI) was ‘borrowed’ from Apple itself, Windows took usability to a whole new level. There is a reason why more than 80% of the laptop world uses a Windows based PC. Here are some reasons why the PC is better.
- A PC is easily upgradeable, and is also open source so it gives the user more freedom.
- You can customize a PC down to the smallest detail, since you can pick almost every component yourself. See more differences between PC vs Macintosh.
- A PC is much cheaper than a similarly configured Macbook, and this makes a world of difference since Macbooks are terribly overpriced.
- Since PC’s are used so widely and extensively, finding compatible software is very simple.
- Most businesses also use PC’s so there is never a problem of platform incompatibility.
- If you are interested in gaming on your laptop computer, then a PC is a much better platform for you.
- There are many great brands to pick from, and this gives the user more choice which is always a good thing.
- A PC has a better support community for troubleshooting, and it also has more compatible accessories and peripherals.
- A PC is backwards compatible, so a new machine can run an old OS. This is not possible on a Macbook.
As you can see, the Macbook vs PC debate has compelling arguments from both sides. After studying the difference between Macbook and PC laptops and seeing the Mac vs. PC pros and cons you should decide for yourself what your needs are, and what compromises you are willing to make before you make your decision. (Source)